A major alteration during the 1919 remodeling was the creation of the sunroom from what had been an open porch. The large 24 foot Persian carpet was a gift of Moira Fuller and Bob Fuller, longtime Friends of The Blaine House. A baby grand piano donated by Governor Reed is flanked by a hand embroidered piano stool fashioned with the Maine State Steal made by Governor Longley’s mother. Furnishings of special interest include the granite fireplace, an antique Dutch Repoussé brass wood box which was a gift from Governor Curtis, and Mrs. Blaine’s octagonal dining table. Over the fireplace is an 1887 painting by Agnes M. Leavitt of a Victorian summer cottage on Peaks Island in Casco Bay.
Also on display is the Maine Tourmaline & panned Maine gold necklace, which was made in 1977 by Addison W. Saunders of Ellsworth and given to the State by the Maine Retail Jewelers Association.