It is an honor to provide this historical location for groups to gather and have educational meetings, celebrations and recognition events. We do not charge for the use of the home for any non-profit entity in the State of Maine.
Please review the following information as you decide whether this location is suited for your event:
- There are few restrictions as to who can utilize this space. It is our policy that The Blaine House may not be used for fundraising activities of any kind other than to support the mission of The Friends of the Blaine House.
- The Blaine House is available for use on Tuesdays and Thursdays of each week either from 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. or from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. or by special permission from the director.
- When weather permits, we encourage you to use the New England Garden for part or all of your event. If a tent is required, we can arrange this for a supplemental charge.
- There is limited audio/visual equipment available – wireless internet, a video screen, microphone and podium. We do not have a projector but you are more than welcome to bring your own. Any presentations need to be listed on the function agreement.
- There is a piano located in the Sunroom that may be used; however, no other instruments are to be brought into The Blaine House without prior permission and are subject to the director’s discretion. If you intend to have someone play the piano, please list that on the function agreement.
When scheduling a morning coffee (10:00 – 11:30 a.m.) or afternoon tea (1:00 – 2:30 p.m.), please consider the following:
- For security purposes, a complete list of those guests who have been invited/will be attending will be received no later than three (3) working days prior to the event.
- A charge of $10/person is expected the day of the event to cover the cost of refreshments. Checks should be made payable to the Blaine House. The invoice will be based on the final number provided three days prior to the event.
- Please make guests aware that the House will only be open 15 minutes prior to the scheduled coffee/tea.
- The only parking on-site are for handicap guests, all other visitors may park free of charge in any of the municipal lots nearby.
- Refreshments will be served in the State Dining room for the first 30 minutes of your event: morning coffees from 10:00 – 10:30 a.m. and afternoon teas from 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. We try to accommodate special menu requirements and food allergy issues whenever possible.
- Any formal program in the Reception Room will be scheduled directly after refreshments and all guests must vacate the building no later than 11:30 a.m. for morning coffees and 2:30 for afternoon teas.
- We would kindly ask you to please honor the allotted time agreed upon for use in the Blaine House Function Agreement.
Please coordinate your event with the Blaine House Director, Leslie Oster at 624-7508. Email all forms, guest list and questions to Leslie.Oster@maine.gov